Wednesday 30 September 2009

annaylsing shadows

i wrote this poem while watching the shadows on my wall, it took me back to when i was little and if there was a crack in the curtains and the light shone on the polystyrene ceiling tiles i would imagine that i could see faces on the tiles, or that the light was skeleton bones coming to get me. I was by no means a weird child just full of imagination and the free easy living of the seventies growing up on a council estate when all i had to worry about was when the ice cream van was comming.

Have you ever stopped and anylysed the shadows on the wall? you might be only 5ft 3, but you could look 10ft tall.

Then theres all the little hand gestures that make a butterfly, a rabbit and a swan, and when the light begins to fade the puppet show has gone.

Your shadow seems to follow you it never leaves your side , or falls behind.
It seems to know where you are going perhaps it reads your mind!

I wonder if my shadow is there when it is dark and i am in my bed at night.
Maybe its hiding in the corner waiting for me to turn on the light.

One day i'll catch my shadow and i'll take its hand and pull it back inside.
As i know my shadow is my spirit and i don't need it till i've died.

written by janine lightning august 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment